Ok, so are you ready for a major rant about the mundane? I am f*n sick of the number of AC power adapters that I have to deal with on a normal day. I pack about 7 of them every single day. I am the Sisyphus of modern day mobility for crying out loud! And if that wasn’t bad enough I am constantly confronted with power strips that come from a planet where there are no AC adapters. The whole system is utterly rediculous.
So if you own a power strip company and you design your stupid strips so that only half of the plugs can even accept inputs because you placed them too close or even worse not a 90 degree angle from the length, or adapters flip the power switch because the plugs are idiotically placed next to them then I swear I will go to Hong Kong, find out where your factory is and go Columbine on your ass.
Here is the basic question, why is this stuff so hard? Not the software development, or bugs, or network configuration, why is the basic stuff like power adapters so stupid? Why does my phone need its own power adapter? I know the technical answer now tell me the real one, like they don’t care and haven’t for 20 years about solving the basic stuff. They can market to us new MP3 drives, and 1.5 GHz PDA but they still need these stupid AC adapters?
Please sell me a 750Mhz PDA that does not require an AC adapter instead.
What depresses me most is that I feel alone in this rage, am I really crazy? Well I may be, but not because of my feelings on this. Its like people are just focused on the wrong things, like having the new stuff, and we just don’t ever face how we never solved the basic problems in the first place. Could this problem be a symptom of the bigger problem in the rest of our world maybe? Like cars fueled with gas or sexuality being a substitute for creativity?
Here is what I want the talented Electrical Engineer to invent for me to consume in the meantime: A power system that lets me plug all my devices into one power bus. This bus is plugged into a single 110V power source and has an onboard computer to manage the power supply to the multiple devices. It should cost around $100 and be able to provide power for up to 5 DC devices. If you know where this device is for purchase I will pay you a $10 finders fee upon first successful use.