Yesterday I was on the hiring side of a strange interview. Basically a
person that once interviewed me and passed on hiring me, was sitting across
the table from me getting interviewed for a position.
Now this guy was a founder of the company I interviewed at, basically he
was the CTO, and I would have been working for him, so this had to be a
major step down for him in both pay and status because he was being
interviewed for a basic developer position.
The funny thing is that when I asked the recruiter why he didn't want to
hire me the response was, "He believed that you would have conflicts with
his approach and style.", so this was interesting because as soon as I
figured out who this guy was, which ws in the middle of the interview, I
had to ask him directly what made him think we still wouldn't have
conflicts.
There is cosmic justice I would say, this renews my faith in that.
I hope he isn't hired, I had a feeling he was right in the first place.