The wedding parable disturbed me a little, because there seemed something too harsh about it. All the murder and burning of villages.
When I though about it more, and maybe this is some projection going on, I think about it more passively. Parables are codes so maybe it is a code for a group of constructs that are all internal anyway.
Life has a calling and opportunities, commonly we overlook those opportunities because we are focused on ourselves. That's what makes us selfish.
If you are wise enough to recognize opportunities to become part of the human family and contribute to its positive aspects you can avoid a fate of being bound and gnashing of teeth.
the gnashing of teeth part really touches me for some reason because I can see in my minds eye someone alone in the dark, bound in the restraints of their own limitations, grinding there teeth alone and afraid of what they had done or left undone.