with lights and lasers, while playing some sort of ambient music right out
of a Phillip Glass Opera. Daisy was wrong, it was worth seeing.
We had alot of fun in Brussles with Daisy, she even told us some secrets
about Christophe. I think people all over the world have hang ups, its what
make us human.
Anyway I feel good about installing firefox on thier computer, at first
they were reluctant, "this (IE) is what I know". It was very easy to
convence them, all I had to say was "Microsoft is America, Mozilla is the
world" and they bought into it. I guess I feel a little guilty manipulating
them based on thier prejududice about America but they are so rightous it
was easy.
I love European culture, I really do, but it is amazing how little reality
really bears on how they see the world. Science and objective thought is of
little importance thier conclusions about the world. They are as liberal as
they come, as long as it suites them. Daisy was going on and on about a
waterless toilet, and how using water and electricty pollutes the earth,
yet they use disposable plastic coffee makers and disposable diapers, dish
washer, etc. "It was already installed, if I remove it will cause more
pollution". They critisize people who are "closed to new ides", yet seem as
closed as anyone (including me).
Incredible hipocracy. I guess they probably see us the same way though, so
I shouldn't judge too much.
I feel bad that I have these feelings, they have been such great hosts, but
this is my blog, I will say what I want. I do love them both very much, I
just now know that Americans aren't the only people who choose not to
think, prejudice and limits to ones willingness to see that which is
unfamilliar is as human as art or language. I think I am one of those
people though whose politics doesn't match up with the talking points
common in todays world politics.
I appeciate Daisy and Christophe regardless of my internal disagreements
with thier perspective. They have been very kind to us in every way.