I read about the blackout on the eastern coast what seems to be millions wandering the streets in some sort of J. G. Ballard world, and my eminent birthday (tomorrow), a vision pops into my tired brain. I had a bad day today, dealing with some people who are so myopic that it is questionable if they even see that they are alive. I am somehow drawn to think of Kali. Kali is a destroyer with a skin color of a storm about to break, she stands over Shiva who represents the consciousness of what IS.
The storm destroys the perceptions of what is, what is possible, and in doing that new possibilities occur. The destruction commonly is quite painful, so often we resist it. I seriously that myself and most of the world around me right now is much like Shiva in this picture. What will the storm be that makes new opportunities possible?