Monday, August 25, 2003

It has been a little while since my last post, I guess I haven't had any strange dreams, or been consumed with anything too creative. Does that tell you something? I guess I have to say I am happy that I at least have my applications at home, lord knows I haven't been able to code at work in a long time.

I just upgraded my RedHat 9 to XIMIAN Evolution , and I love it. If you are a Linux head just go get it now. The really cool thing about it is that they have an MS Exchange connector, so IT can start migrating over to Linux desktops, at least in some portions of thier company. This means as more and more applications become available for Linux, MS becomes more and more legacy. I know I am not the only one thinking this.

RedHat also just announced that they are going towards a "bundled application server" strategy for RedHat 10, with builds of JONAS built right into the install. Then if you look at Eclipse JDT that has a direct plug in for the application server built in, you are looking at the future of web development for the next two years. I promise.

Ok, enough geek stuff, on to politics. I heard that Warren Buffet was hired by Ahhhnold to head up an economic counsel and then Warren did the unthinkable; he said that property taxes were too low in California. The thing I do like about AS (compared to other elephants) is that he doesn't always tow the same old line as most of those jerks, but he isn't going to win of them over going with Buffet, he is a guy who makes his economic choices other than politics, he makes them based on sound economic thinking. That's something the conservatives continue to bring back Fs on their report cards on. What is pitiful about the Terminator though, and why I can not vote for him, is the first thing he did was discount his expert and say he was wrong. Why hire an expert if you aren't going to listen to them? It just makes me a little cynical that's all, politics isn't about fixing this stuff, its about the appearance of making change, without true expectations or accountability.