Saturday, August 02, 2003

This is what I was waiting for. First of all I was ranting about this just last week, and now there seems to be a solution, it is called E85 ethanol and FFV vehicles can run on it. The next car I am buying is the FFV Explorer which I just love. It is perfect for me. I want the 6 cylinder model.




Now they say that it doesn't run quite as efficient as regular gasoline, but it costs less and burns allot cleaner so it seems like it all comes out to be about the same, and best of all the fuel comes from beets. It also sounds as though there is a new Ethanol mixing plant opening here in San Diego so I bet California farmers will benefit. I have been looking at similar headlines around the United States. If I can make a beet farmer rich instead of a Saudi I am all for it.

The cost is very reasonable the sticker price for a fully outfitted Ford Explorer was about 30,000, and that isn't too far off from what I would have to spend on that car anyway. I found out about it because the alternative fuels station just opened up down the road from my house, in fact the next closest one is in Salt Lake City so I feel very lucky to have it so close. So if you live in San Diego and want one of these and I know you do because you are a patriot the contact:

Jarrett Joseph -AFV Sales Specialist jjoseph@pearsonford.com

My next mission is to get more E85 ethanol stations in the United States.